Monday, November 20, 2006

3am Theology

The sun has long since found its slumber. The crickets are too cold to say anything. Bowflex is on every TV channel. It's so late, I think it's early. Yet I'm still up writing an intense theological analysis. I once started a Facebook group for this kind of situation called "3am Theology". Honestly, some of my best material has come from all-nighters; those essays have pulled "A's" in some pretty challenging classes. I'm hoping this will be another one. The topic is Matthew 5:17-20, which is open to some pretty controversial interpretation. Jesus says, "until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished." However, no one is sacrificing sheep and cows by the time Matthew was written. Did all of Christianity miss the boat on this one? Or, was Jesus talking about something else? I hope you are all asleep as I am writing this, but there is no rest for this weary theologian.

There'll plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead, or when all apocalyptic eschatology is fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching