Monday, January 01, 2007

The Bachelor

My wife has left me. By "left me" I mean she went to see her parents for the week. This is the first time we've spent the night apart since the wedding nearly 5 months ago. I'm going to miss her badly. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something about myself and be a better husband when she returns. Maybe I'll just wreck the house.

I have become more "domestic" in the 9 hours since she's been gone. I have cooked my own dinner thanks to the George Foreman grill I received from my parents for Christmas. I have also done my own dishes. I did all this after doing inventory for a relatively brief 3 hours at work. So far, so good. I just have a dreaded fear that the apartment will burn down before the week is out.

I tried to work out today, but our fitness center, as well as the one at the school, were closed for new years. I guess I'll get skinny tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Years!

    Hold your wife when she returns. Mine has left and won't be back :(

    Anthony
    Journey Through Divorce

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching