Sunday, February 18, 2007

Free Pizza


When God does good things for me, it’s hard not to think about what I may have done to deserve it. While I do believe that God usually rewards those who obey him, I do not think that every good thing that happens to us is something that we deserve.

Two days ago, I ordered a pizza for carryout. My timing was poor and it was an hour before I arrived to pick it up. The manager (I supposed) opened the pizza, asked, “Does this look okay?” I said, “yes.” Then, after giving me some Parmesan cheese, he said he wasn’t going to charge me for it. His reason was because it wasn’t as good of quality pizza that they would have normally given out. It tasted good to me though.

Yesterday, my boss asked me, “What kind of pizza do you want?”
“Huh?
“I’m getting my tax return in; what kind of pizza do you want?”
I got a medium sausage pizza all to myself.

I don’t know if God provided two free pizzas because he knew I couldn’t afford one myself, or because I had done something to earn it. Maybe I just came across two nice guys in two days. Whatever the case, I love free pizza.

1 comment:

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching