Thursday, July 26, 2007

Packing Up

Life is taking a new direction for me. Starting this spring, I interviewed and applied to be a Bible teacher in the Kansas City area. Finally it is all coming together.

Tomorrow, we will be loading up the truck to move to Olathe, KS. For the first time, we will have to pay our own utilities, TV, internet, etc. It's been an exciting adventure to get this all arranged.

On top of moving, I am changing careers (or getting a career) for the first time in my life. I will be teaching 7-10th Grade Bible classes at Maranatha Academy in Shawnee, KS. I'm really excited to be moving to a position of more direct ministry. I have often fantasized about being a teacher, and now I finally have the opportunity. We begin planning in 2 weeks, and class starts in 3 weeks. You can check out the school at http://www.ma-kc.org/.

So now a new time of transition has begun. Today is my last day at RadioShack, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all this information that I've acquired over the years (like how to do a ESN change on a Sprint iDEN phone that I've received by ICST from another unit.) However, I have been training for 3 years (or all my life depending on how you think about it) for this new position. These will be interesting times.

del.icio.us - Digg it - Yahoo MyWeb - Google - StumbleUpon

1 comment:

  1. pribek7:27 PM

    Good for you and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching