Saturday, September 22, 2007

Learning is Life

Learning is my life. I can’t imagine possibly being happy without learning. I’ve been in school for the last 16 years of my life, and I’ve usually enjoyed it because I was gaining knowledge.

Teaching surprisingly doesn’t keep me from learning, but it does hide the fact pretty well. I’m learning all about psychology, mob mentality, adolescent development, communication styles, as well as the subject matter itself. However, sometimes I feel a lack of learning because I’m not being challenged to write a paper on some deep theological issue.

Therefore, I’m hoping God will develop me in that area too. I’ve been listening to books on tape while commuting to the school and back (something I’d recommend to anyone with a long commute. It’s amazing how much “reading” you can accomplish). I’m also actually reading a bit on the weekends too. I also have plans to compose some theological or maybe political papers every now and then to make sure my research skills don’t get dusty.

My first such endeavor will be to discuss “How the separation of Church and State is good for the Church.” I will be using the examples of Constantine and the first State Church, the early Commonwealth of Maryland and it’s domination by Puritans, and modern patterns. I’m not sure how I’ll publish it, if I do at all.

4 comments:

  1. Life is an adventure. Never lose that learning spirit and attitude. God will use it in your life and in the lives of those whom you touch. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and ps . . . don't forget to look outside the window where God has you.

    Take a peek at Africa: www.heatheronthenet.com

    There's something to learn from here, too, for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly7:07 PM

    There are always some kind of academic journals to be published in, ask some of your professors from college. All kinds of journals, on every subject, which I am sure that you know. Be prepared to be ripped to pieces when you submit though, that's kind of the point....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bad idea on the Journal. I should definitely wait and submit some of my better stuff though. Could be a great learning experience if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching