Thursday, November 01, 2007

Love and Logic

As a new teacher, I've found that I need all the help I can get. I'm not the only one who's realized this, so it was suggested that I go to a convention today by Love and Logic.

The organization specializes in training educators and parents, and it almost made me wish I had kids of my own so I could put some of these into practice. The key concept was to hand "kid" problems back to the kid and encourage them to figure it out with a healthy dose of empathy. While this sounds very broad in nature, we were given several skills to handle various situations.

By no means do I expect to be a master teacher, but at least now I have a few more tricks up my sleeve to make the classroom a better environment in which to learn. If you would like some good parenting strategies, or just want to hear some hilarious advice, check out their website at LoveandLogic.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching