Friday, September 12, 2008

The Gospel of John

I have just watched The Gospel of John film for the first time. The film renders the story of Jesus word-for-word (from a paraphrase, which is a bit oxymoronic). I expected something that didn't adapt Scripture to be more cinematic to be quite hokey. However, I was quite surprised.

The story appears overly-narrated, but other than that, it is quite captivating. I keep thinking throughout the film, "Man, if Jesus keeps talking like that, he's gonna get himself killed!" When we read Scripture, we often don't feel the emotion involved in the words. This movie changes that. You can see Jesus's passion for his own words.

I found Jesus's teachings moving in a new way. I've come away from this movie with one thought: the Word of God actually has power!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching