Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How Great is our God

My current Scripture reading goal is to become more familiar with the book of Job. I'm reading it for the second time and plan to do much research in commentaries. It is emerging as my favorite book of the Bible (though James is pretty high up there). Sunday, I came across this verse and it has burned into my mind. After describing God's mighty ways he concludes:
"Behold, these are but the outskirts of his ways,
and how small a whisper do we hear of him!
But the thunder of his power who can understand?" (Job 26:14 ESV)
After hearing the first thunderstorm in quite a while, I determined I couldn't imagine the power of the One who caused it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching