Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Prayer

In thinking about more structured prayers, I wrote what was on my mind today. I modeled it off of the Lord's Prayer, as that helps me organize my thoughts more and is a good model.
Our Father, dear Daddy, I can't express even the limits of your holiness. Job said it well, "Behold, these are but the outskirts of his ways, and how small a whisper do we hear of him! But the thunder of his power who can understand?" Your name, nature, power and character are absolutely pure. Your desires should be carried out in our world. We anxiously await the coming of the remainder of your glory. We humbly submit the needs that seem so big in our lives to your care. Meet our need of forgiveness. Remind us to give our grudges to you. Keep us far from temptations; save us from our own evil desires! Take us from the hand of the evil one, for even he must submit to your will. So be it in your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching