Saturday, April 11, 2009

Silent Saturday

To remember the quiet day that Jesus lay in the grave, my wife and I decided to spend some time today in silence. For the first hour of the day, we didn't say a word or listen to any media. It's strange to hear this silence (or rather, not hear) amidst all of our noise.

I don't think I necessary understand the depth of the failure and confusion that the disciples must have felt. It seems that only with time did they fully understand all that Jesus had done and said. That Saturday must have been torturous to those who knew they had abandoned their Lord at his most despirate moment.

I honestly don't know if God communicated anything to us in this time, but I think in some small way I understand the awkwardness of that strangely calm day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments civil, and avoid irrelevant advertising.

Posts on specific topics:
Politics--Bible--College--Teaching